Re: Use of installer's interactive shells on tty1-tty4

On Sun, 13 Sep 2020 at 20:16, Richard Owlett <rowlett@cloud85.net> wrote:

> Where can I find description of using installer's interactive shells on
> tty1-tty4?

The installer is a running Linux system. What you ask about is a
standard feature that is compiled into most Linux kernels, and the
feature exists because it emulates many similar UNIXes that
pre-dateLinux.

So this feature is not something that is specific to the installer, it
is present because it hasn't been explicitly removed from the
configuration of the kernel that is built to run the installer, because
it is very useful there just like it is useful in many other situations.

So when seeking information I suggest forgetting about the installer,
and using internet search terms something like:
  linux console tty device nodes tty1 switch

to find more information than you will probably ever need. There is plenty
available, although from a purely "how do I use this?" user point of view,
there really isn't much explanation needed.