Re: 32 versus 64 bit reading list suggestions

David Wright composed on 2020-09-07 14:03 (UTC-0500):

> On Mon 07 Sep 2020 at 12:49:36 (-0500), Richard Owlett wrote:

>> What should I read before attempting "inxi -U"?

> man inxi   on your buster installation. Then forget about manually
> upgrading stretch's version: you're interested in what inxi tells
> you about the machine hardware.

If multibooting, better to put it where the inxi author suggests instead of using
a distro's version, as long as the various installations share that location. It's
merely a script, can go anywhere you please, in $PATH if you want, elsewhere if
you don't mind executing it via fullpathname.

>> I also have the 64 bit flavor of Debian 10 on a separate partition.
>> I'll run them there and see what I'll get.

>> As time is available I'll attempt to install also the 32 bit Debian 10.

> Perfect for the comparison you want.

+1

For more reading, try the author's site:
https://smxi.org/docs/inxi-installation.htm#inxi-manual-install
--
Evolution as taught in public schools, like religion,
	is based on faith, not on science.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/