Re: 32 versus 64 bit reading list suggestions

	Hi.

On Mon, Sep 07, 2020 at 08:44:28AM -0500, Richard Owlett wrote:
> I have two underlying questions:
>   1. As everything I currently use runs fine, what would I gain by switching to amd64 flavor?

Short term - you'll gain nothing. Everything will work exactly the same, barring
third-party software (if any).

Long term - Debian is one of the last major distributions that keeps
i386 supported. Sooner or later Debian will follow the current trend of
dropping i386. It won't happen in bullseye though.

>   2.What 32 bit utilities are there to identify the hardware capabilities of a particular machine?

If you mean, "how do I check if my Intel/AMD CPU has that 64-bit
capability", then it's:

lscpu | grep -w lm

Otherwise your question is too broad.

Reco