RE: VirtualBox - vboxpci

-----Original Message-----
From: Klaus Jantzen [mailto:k.d.jantzen@mailbox.org]
Sent: Sunday, September 6, 2020 8:05 AM
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: VirtualBox - vboxpci

On 9/6/20 12:27 PM, Georgi Naplatanov wrote:
> On 9/6/20 12:17 PM, Klaus Jantzen wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am trying to run VB 16.1.14 r140239 on my laptop under Debian Buster.
>>
>> After sucessfully signing vboxdrv, vboxnetflt and vboxnetadp I
>> installed the extension package.
>>
>> Now I have to additionally sign vboxpci.
>>
>> However, this module was not installed. Where do I get it from?
>>

> Hi,
>
> I use Virtualbox 6.1 on my computer without any problems.
>
> I don't understand what your problem is.
>
> I have added the following line to /etc/apt//sources.list
>
> deb https://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/debian buster contrib
>
> HTH
>
> Kind regards
> Georgi

My problem is not the installation of VB.

After the installation I defined a Windows10-machine. When I start this machine VB indicates that the kernel driver ist not installed and recommends to run '/sbin/vboxconfig'.

vboxconfig request the signing of four modules, one of them is vboxpci.
And this module has not been installed.

So I wonder where I can  find this module.

--

K.D.J.

Suggest review:

https://forums.virtualbox.org/viewtopic.php?t=83085

https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/58308/vboxpci-iommu-not-found-not-registered

Seems may be a motherboard capability or BIOS configuration issue?

(found by google vboxpci)

Ken