Re: Journal

On Thu, 3 Sep 2020 11:50:36 +0100
Joe <joe@jretrading.com> wrote:

> I've finally decided I have to keep a diary.
>
> In Debian are RoboJournal and Lifeograph.
>
> Neither of them actually function, at least in sid. Does anyone have
> any other ideas, apart from phpMyAdmin or Mysql Workbench?

Crack open your favorite terminal and punch in the following commands.

mkdir -p ~/diary/`date +"%Y"` (once)
nano ~/diary/`date +"%Y"`/`date -I`.txt (daily)

The first command will create a "diary" directory in your home directory
and then create a subdirectory for the current year. The second command
will create a text file named for the current date in the current
year's directory and open it in a command-line text editor.

There's no need to install anything, it'll be compatible with any
software that can read plain text and when you want to search for
particular entries you can use grep.

--
Matthew Graybosch		https://matthewgraybosch.com
#include <disclaimer.h>		gemini://starbreaker.org