Re: Why can't I move the document root for a site in Apache 2? [SOLVED]

On 2020-08-31 21:57, Gary Dale wrote:
<snipped>
Just to be clear, the folder I had to change permissions on is the
<folder containing all the web sites. This is many levels above the
document root,

I think the document root is just where apache2 looks first.
*Don't know if you are supposed to do it like that* but think the actual html files can be anywhere so long as they have the right permissions and have a link to them in the document root.
Whenever I've changed anything I do.
#!/bin/bash
find /path_to_html_files/ -type d -exec chmod 750 {} \;
find /path_to_html_files/ -type f -exec chmod 640 {} \;
chown -R root /path_to_html_files/*;
chgrp -R www-data /path_to_html_files/*;

remembering if there is any file wants to be executable.

mick

--
Key ID    4BFEBB31