Re: Homebuilt NAS: System Drive Filesystem?

On 2020-08-24 02:40, Jonathan Dowland wrote:
On Fri, Aug 21, 2020 at 09:02:05PM -0700, Patrick Bartek wrote:
Opinions?  Suggestions?  Recommendations?

But I'd also avoid trying to run / on a flash drive. I just use a
logical volume on my NAS storage for the OS. I can't see a reason not
to.

I find it is easier to administer computers when the operating system is on one device/RAID and the data is on another device/RAID (or several, one for each subgroup of data) -- e.g. "separation of concerns".

David