keyboard configuration stops working

Hello,

I have a strange one here.
I do have in my /etc/default/keyboard this option line:

XKBOPTIONS="lv3:menu_switch,compose:ralt,terminate:ctrl_alt_bksp,ctrl:nocaps"

for some time this works fine. I am talking about the last option.
I do not want the caps lock, so I mapped it to ctrl.

But it forgets. I cannot describe it any other way.
Then I do a dpk-reconfigure again (say "no" when it comes to
if I want to keep the options), go edit the /etc/default/keyboard
to add ctrl:nocaps, and it works again. ... for a while.
Then it doesn't. I have ABSOLUTELY no idea why.

-H

--
Henning Follmann           | hfollmann@itcfollmann.com