Re: kmail - mailadresse and name confused

On Wednesday, August 19, 2020 05:58:53 AM Hans wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> somehow in kmail the mailadresse and the name are confused. When I want to
> write a mail, by typing the mailadresse is intelligently fullfilled, but
> the belonging name is not correctly added. Also on most mailadresses, I
> get the same name added (guess, there was never a name, so it is added
> some default).
>
> I believe, this might be a caching thing.
>
> This happened, when I synced ~/.kde/share/apps/kmail/mail/ between two
> computers with (the same version) of kmail.
>
> Is there any way, especially an easy way, to get this corrected?
>
> I also checked kadressbook, here all the names / mailadresses are fine!

In my older version of kmail (on Wheezy -- I'd expect your using a newer
version) there is a section (essentially a cache) of Recent Addresses in
/.kde/share/config/kmailrc.

If you have the same file, if you go in and edit those addresses that should fix
the problem.