Re: Does Debian have a "nag" tool?

On Saturday, August 15, 2020 07:30:13 AM Richard Owlett wrote:
> Just missed girlfriend's birthday by 6 weeks :{
> [just sent a 'mea culpa' email.]
> Is there a better tool than "cron"?

Yes, several, but I'll bet you don't want to use either.  Nevertheless, I'll
mention them for posterity.

   * Google calendar (I avoid putting things on that I wouldn't want to be
discovered "publicly", but I think there are some options to keep things
private, plus you have to log in to use it at all.  It sends me reminder
emails, and althouigh I have a standard, you can set it up to do various
things, like send reminders n months, days, or hours before an event, and
repeat events on various schedules (like yearly, monthly (iirc), weekly (on a
specific day, probably more.  I have trouble setting up things like for the nth
Thursday of a month (iirc -- i know I have trouble with one, forget which it
is).

You can also share calendars or specific events (only) with other users.

(I suspect that other similar services provide calendars.)

   * KDE (and I sure many other desktops) has a calendar application -- I
tried it once a long time ago, I forget all the reasons I preferred google,
and maybe some of those have changed.