Re: Some keys on the keyboard do not work

> The way I clean (a non-laptop) keyboard is by disassembling it and putting all
> the parts in a fresh (i.e., clean) washtub of warm water with dishsoap, let it
> soak for a few minutes, then rinse with clean water and let dry, often
> overnight (I almost always have a spare keyboard, but right not my spares need
> cleaning "-(

That should work as well, but I was never able to disassemble any part
of a keyboard without having the impression that I was breaking it, so
I prefer to refrain from any such thing.

> Not sure I'm brave enough to try a dishwasher -- do you leave it assembled?

Yup.

> You probably mentioned it, but I'd probably also turn off any sources of extra
> heat (hot water or drying with hot air).

Hot water doesn't seem to be a problem.  The drying heat can reach
temperatures that can be harmful, so you need to be a bit more careful
with that (usually the recommendation is to use the top-rack and/or to
stop the wash cycle before it dries).

        Stefan