Re: firewalls

On Ma, 04 aug 20, 22:56:21, riveravaldez wrote:

> If I can ask: which is the situation, in this aspect, in a plain
> plain/straightforward Debian (net)installation? Let's say: what's the
> by-default setting of the system?

There is no firewall configured by default in Debian.

The configuration between a typical "server" and a typical "client"
system (desktop, laptop) is different enough to make it very difficult
to come up with a useful default configuration.

Besides, one can also run services on a client system or use a server as
client system, etc.

See also this discussion on -devel

Kind regards,
Andrei