Re: [OT] Remote SSH (dynamic IP) without third-party server

On Vi, 31 iul 20, 23:03:07, riveravaldez wrote:
> Is this possible?
>
> Hi, to clarify: I would like to connect to a remote home-machine
> (dynamic IP) through SSH session but without using a third-party
> server (free or paid), just with software running in both machines.

If both ends are more or less "fixed"[1] and you have control over any
NAT routers at both ends it should be possible to have each machine tell
the other its public IP on every change.

This will fail if both ends get new IPs at the same time, which,
depending on how the ISPs in question allocate IPs, could be rare enough
to not matter in practice.

[1] it's not obvious if the client system is a laptop that might be used
from various internet connections or a desktop system behind another
fixed connection with a dynamic IP address.

Kind regards,
Andrei