Re: [OT] Remote SSH (dynamic IP) without third-party server

On Tue, Aug 04, 2020 at 03:57:43PM +0200, MAS Jean-Louis wrote:
IPv4 address are becoming rare, and expensive for ISP.
IPv6 is free, and plenty

Maybe where you are, definitely not where I am.
just ask for a public IPv6 address

My ISP is 10 years into a 2 year plan to make them available. Probably not a useful way forward for a timely solution.

That said, if you do have IPv6 it's obviously a good solution. It's also possible to get an IPv6 tunnel, but since the original request was for no third party server involvement that seems like a non-starter.