Re: VMs on external storage CPU overloading

On 8/3/2020 11:00 PM, Michael Stone wrote:
On Mon, Aug 03, 2020 at 10:21:01PM +0200, john doe wrote:
I'm settleing on buying (1), Google says that it is UASP compatible.

Is there some reason you're set on buying a thumb drive form factor?

Mainly the form factor and the ease of use.

I guess you are hinting out at something like (1,2) (Sata3 SSD 2.5 along
with a usb 3.0 to sata3 adapter (UASP compatible))?

This approach would be more flexible as I could only change the drive
without having to buy a new thumdrive if my capacity requirements are
increasing.
Looking more into this, in my case this could also have the benefit of
being able to share that drive across those single boards by using a usb
3.0 hub (UASP compatible).

It is worth looking at, thank you.

1)
https://www.amazon.com/StarTech-com-10Gbps-Adapter-Cable-Drives/dp/B00XLAZODE/ref=sr_1_4?dchild=1&keywords=uasp&qid=1596522233&s=computers-intl-ship&sr=1-4