Re: VMs on external storage CPU overloading

>>> IMO, allthose question as irrelevant - the problem is the IO. You can try it
>>> easily. get USB 2.0 and put a VM on it -
>> I have and have had no such problems.
>> I strongly suspect that there's something else at play.
>> E.g. its VM is performing a lot of disk IO.
> Can you expand on your thoughts?

Don't know about you, but most of the VMs I've setup end up doing very
little disk IO: they mostly serve mostly-static data from the disk to
the internet, and that data is not enormous, so sooner or later it's all
cached in RAM and the disk is used only occasionally.

        Stefan