Re: Bash question hard to formulate

Thanks for the tip Andrei!

I am not 100% sure it was .bashrc, it could have been some other config
file, but I am pretty sure it was bash related. it is unfortunately on a
long since gone system.

As to my current system, I have just default settings. I have not
altered anything. I have only tried changing terminal preferences to
getting the desire result.

It's weird. Because on macOS which I don't really want to use, it works
fine. Easy test case is:

launch terminal, ping 8.8.8.8.

In macOS, the current line will just repopulate itself when i hit backspace.

In debian (xterm or terminal), pinging 8.8.8.8, and just putting in
random text does not repopulate on the line i am working on, when i hit
backspace.

I will keep searching for a solution, and send it to the list when I
find it.

--
https://www.little-beak.com
"Doing what we can."