Re: [OT] Remote SSH (dynamic IP) without third-party server

On 2020-08-01 04:52, deloptes wrote:
David Christensen wrote:

I have residential VDSL service from AT&T.  Fortunately, AT&T does not
block port 22, AT&T assigned an IPv4 address for my WAN connection, and
the address has never changed.

The OP is asking about dynamic IP, no?

In my area (Tracy, California), people who have have Internet connections with static IP's know it and pay handsomly for such. All other connections are dynamic. Even so, some providers apparently do not change the dynamic addresses assignments. My guess is that enough people want remote access to their home LAN and complain loudly if their WAN address changes.

David