Re: apt update; apt upgrade, from local mirror not working - [SOLVED]

On Sat, Aug 01, 2020 at 03:07:57PM +0200, Sven Joachim wrote:
> On 2020-08-01 22:49 +1000, Zenaan Harkness wrote:
>
> > Take 2:
> > Why does the fact my local mirror only has one of my 2 enabled
> > architectures, cause apt upgrade to stop working altogether?
>
> Because apt expects all enabled architectures to be actually present by
> default, which looks like a reasonable assumption to me.
>
> > Does fixing this mean I requile a local mirror of both my architectures?
>
> Not necessarily, you can also use different mirrors and use the
> [ arch=… ] syntax to fetch only the desired architecture(s) from
> each.  See sources.list(5).

Oh wow, that's both convenient, and elegant.

deb [ arch=amd64 ] file:/public/debian/sid sid main contrib
deb http://ftp.iinet.net.au/pub/debian sid main contrib

Problem solved!  Now my upgrade says "Need to get 3,605 kB/978 MB of archives", a vast improvement…

Thank you very much, Sven :)