Re: Bluetooth audio periodic disconnect

Bhasker C V wrote:

> Hi all,
>   I am on bullseye.
>   I have tried and tested this with many headphones
>
>  When on bluetooth the audio gets periodically disconnected and
>  re-connects
> to audio after 5 seconds.
>  During the time the bluetooth per-say does not get disconnected but just
> the audio stops and then starts again in 5 seconds.
>  I have already set laptop-mode tools to blacklist usb power management
>  for
> my usb adapter.
>  There are no issues with bluetooth lag or connection issues. My
>  headphones
> connect fine and work fine except for the intermittent disconnects.
>
>  Please could someone help me fix this ?

One option would be to get debian stable somehow and try if it is
reproducible there.
Another option would be to look at what the underlaying systems are doing
there. For example start pulse audio with -vvv to get more output or
inspect the data flow. Use dbus-monitor --system and --session or other to
inspect dbus event. All components in the chain could cause the issue -
kernel/driver, systemd, dbus, pulse and bluez. You have to find out which
system is causing the connection drop.
I am on buster and I play recently more with bluetooth and the phone. I
noticed that when I connect two profiles (A2DP and HFP) the audio is
lagging. When A2DP or HFP is connected only, audio is fine. When I make a
call via HFP and I finish the call, connection to phone drops.

>From what you write, I assume you use A2DP and may be it is pulse not able
to process or too sensitive, but this suggestion is just fortune telling.

I am personally disappointed by the move to bluez5 in the whole linux
world - not that bluez4 was OK, but after a lot of effort things were
working. Now bluez5 is better, but other systems are still improving to
match the new design - we pay the price.

regards