Re: Is experimental part of Debian?

On 7/26/20 10:37 PM, Sven Joachim wrote:
> On 2020-07-26 20:08 +0100, Brian wrote:
>
>> A package enters experimental. It fixes bug X. Can the bug now be
>> recorded as closed in Debian?
>
> Yes.  However, the bug will not be archived before the fix arrives in
> unstable, unless it only affected experimental in the first place.

I would add - "experimental" branch is part of Debian project but it's
not part of Debian stable/testing. Debian maintainers use that branch to
upload beta, release candidates or very green major versions of packages
or they use that branch - experimental, during freeze period to upload
newer versions there.

HTH

Kind regards
Georgi