Re: Drivers and packages to get sound working on Buster PC

local10 wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Any ideas what drivers and/or packages I need to install to get sound working on my PC?

You have two sound cards:

> 00:14.2 Audio device: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] SBx00 Azalia (Intel HDA)
> 01:05.1 Audio device: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] RS780 HDMI Audio [Radeon 3000/3100 / HD 3200/3300]

The first one is your motherboard's audio set, and the second
one is the sound card built into your video card.

Both should be recognized already, so you are probably facing a
mixer problem.

If you have headphones/speakers plugged into your motherboard,
you want to make that your primary card.

If you have a home theater receiver or a TV plugged into your
video card (via HDMI or DisplayPort), you want to make that your
primary card.

sudo apt install alsa-utils

aplay -L

should show you the available sound outputs.

Specify them with the -D parameter to speaker-test:

speaker-test -C2 -D front

for example.

If that doesn't work, let us know.

-dsr-