Re: Slow wifi-reconnection when waking up

> Presumably the logs (daemon.log, syslog) should give details of
> what's going on.

Nothing I can see there seems relevant, no.  I just see the messages
about when the connection is done.

> But I'm not clear about how it should determine that it woke up in the
> same place,

It doesn't need to.  It can just presume that it's the case when
choosing what to try in which order.

> except by first checking for a wired connection (if you
> have that configured and prioritised), and then negotiating
> a wireless connection.

I'd assume it would first look for "the network used most recently".
If that fails, it can then try other networks.

> All my machines, wired and wireless, negotiate DHCP leases with my
> routers (so some of the timings I observe may be slowed by the
> cascading involved).

Same here (and I assume it's the same pretty much everywhere nowadays).

> I don't know whether you can manually configure an alternative, more
> static, type of connection that would be faster coming up.

Yes, I know how to setup a static config but that's not what I'm after.

Debian used to do it more quickly.  Android does it more quickly.
MacOS does it more quickly.  What I see is a bug: there shouldn't be
a 20s delay before we try connecting to the wifi that was used before
the machine went to sleep.

> If you normally never use a wired connection, you might consider

I do use wired connections sometimes.

        Stefan