Re: Workstation configuration

lina wrote:

> Previously I have asked for the comments about one workstation,
> here is a alternative option, that would nice to get your input
> about this workstation which is for parallel computation purposes
> solely, in terms of cooling and speed, debian compatibility
> and anything else,

  I was curious about the cost of a workstation
  configured as you have specified and did a bit
  of searching at newegg.com to try and estimate
  current prices ....

  amd workstation ....

        Price      Item

       $449.99  asus motherboard
     $3,599.99  amd threadripper cpu
       $199.22  cooling system
       $579.99  128 gb memory
       $247.99  1 tb pcie nvme
        $54.19  2 tb hdd
        $84.99  asus graphics card
        $77.93  intel glan card
       $119.99  atx midtower case
       $159.98  evga 850w moduler power supply
       $130.32  viewsonic 24in hdmi monitor

     $5,704.58  Total

  I posted links to similar if not identical items
  from the original post at newengg on my personal
  web space ....

    http://csphx.net/amd_ws.htm

--
Stanley C. Kitching