Re: XFCE4 - How to increase font size on applications?

On 20/7/20 6:40 am, Liam O'Toole wrote:
On Sun, 19 Jul, 2020 at 17:31:12 +1000, Keith bainbridge wrote:
On 16/7/20 9:15 am, hobie of RMN wrote:
Perhaps adjust your display setting to smaller numbers?

Or is everything else readable?
Some is, some isn't.:)   Firefox, Thunderbird, Leafpad, Notes, Synaptic,
vcl  are readable. ftpsed, alsamixergui, and some others are not.  Liam's
suggestion has made LibreOffice readable, thankfully.

I have stopped using xfce because little things keep annoying me. I like it
overall, but there is a very small limit to my patience.  And I'm not good
at reporting stuff unless I can't find a work around. In this case mate and
recently cinnamon are doing well. Both are gnome forks, but use fewer
resources, and allow more freedom of choice about how they appear on screen.

Could be worth a try?

The OP's issue is not with XFCE4 but with non-GTK applications such as
alsamixergui. It is not obvious to me how migrating to MATE or Cinnamon
might help. Could you elaborate?

It's just a suggestion - as was changing screen resolution, earlier.

If the problem persists, then the problem is the individual app. And one potential cure is eliminated.

Sometimes fixing a problem is better than working out why it happened in the first place.

--

Keith Bainbridge

keithrbau@gmail.com

0447 667468