Re: Slic3r --gui won't run

On Sunday 19 July 2020 12:00:28 Andrei POPESCU wrote:

> On Du, 19 iul 20, 11:55:05, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > >
> > > Looks like it is. Because [1] shows libwx-perl, and it's a real
> > > package.
> > >
> > > Reco
> > >
> > > [1] https://packages.debian.org/stretch/libwx-perl
> >
> > I found a page that shows what my sources.list should look like,
> > made it so, but still can't install libwx-perl because there is not
> > a perl-api-5.24.1 and a matching lib.  If this is a dependency of
> > slic3r or slic34-prussa, why did it not complain when I installed
> > slic3r a couple weeks back?  I'll remove it and start all over, if
> > it will let me.
> >
> > Rebooted, still gives me instant broken-packages for a mark on
> > libwx-perl.
> >
> > My current sources.list:
> >
> > # deb cdrom:[Unofficial LinuxCNC 'Stretch' amd64 Live/Install
> > 2018-10-27T16:56]/ stretch main
> >
> > # deb cdrom:[Unofficial LinuxCNC 'Stretch' amd64 Live/Install
> > 2018-10-27T16:56]/ stretch main
> >
> > # deb http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ stretch main
> > # deb-src http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ stretch main
> >
> > deb http://security.debian.org/debian-security/ stretch/updates
> > non-free contrib main deb http://deb.debian.org/debian/
> > stretch-backports nob-free contrib main
>
>                                                      ^^^^^
> (but this is not your problem)
>
> > # deb http://deb.debian.org/debian/ stretch-oldstable non-free
> > contrib main
>
> There is no such thing as 'stretch-oldstable', it's either 'stretch'
> or 'oldstable'. I would suggest 'stretch'
>
> > # deb-src http://security.debian.org/debian-security/
> > stretch/updates main
> >
> > # stretch-updates, previously known as 'volatile'
> > # deb http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ stretch-updates main
> > # deb-src http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ stretch-updates main
> > EOF
> >
> > So what do I need to fix?
>
> Add
>
>     deb https://deb.debian.org/debian/ stretch non-free contrib main
>
> or change the disabled line from above and don't forget to run
> 'apt update'.
>
> Hope this helps,
> Andrei

Did that Andrei, updated apt-get, apt-get now gives a reason. Depends on
2 more packages, but adding them to the apt-get install line gets this:

 libalien-wxwidgets-perl : Depends: libwxgtk3.0-dev (< 3.0.3~) but
3.0.4+dfsg-4~bpo9+1 is to be installed
                           Depends: libwxgtk-media3.0-dev (< 3.0.3~) but
3.0.4+dfsg-4~bpo9+1 is to be installed

I'm about out of patience for the day. I have been screwing with this
since about 5AM, and its now 12:45 local.  And I am damned tired of
apt-gets inability to name the package thats breaking it.

Thank you for trying.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
 - Louis D. Brandeis