Re: Final CDs being written for Stretch - 9.13 release - prior to LTS

> Thank you Thomas. Yes, that's obviously why it was done.So - a quick look
> on Wikipedia suggests that this was a current machine in 2006 and was
> replaced in 2007 / 2008. So - if anyone has one running anywhere, it's
> somewhere between 12-15 years old. If anybody knows of any that they really
> must keep running, speak now or forever hold your peace. It's probably time
> for this to be dropped for Bullseye.

I have such a macmini-1,1 which I upgraded to macmini-2,1 (it's the same
hardware and the firmware upgrade was needed for one of the other
upgrades (can't remember if it was to bring up the RAM to 3GB or to
upgrade the CPU to a Core 2 Duo)).

[ It's my office desktop, happily driving two 1600x1200 monitors (with
  a DVI-I => DVI-D + VGA splitter), something which Apple's own OS never
  bothered to support.  ]

But IIRC I install Debian on it by cloning some existing Debian root
filesystem directly onto the drive, rather than doing the "normal Debian
install".  So don't make those extra sets for me.

        Stefan