Re: delimiters with more than one character?

On Thu 16 Jul 2020 at 15:27:06 (-0400), Dan Ritter wrote:
> William Michels wrote:
> > I've slowly been learning the Raku programming language (AKA Perl6), and
>
> Please don't call it that. Perl 1-5 have a clear relationship, and that
> relationship continues  in Perl 7 and subsequent versions. Raku should
> not be referred to as a Perl, even though it was for many years.
>
> Raku is a new lineage.

Thank you, William. I would not have known what you were talking about
without the AKA. Surely we're not obliged to write "the language
formerly known as Perl6". IIUC the name Raku isn't yet a year old.

I lost interest in Perl around the time of Perl4→5, so I had no idea
that that's what became of Perl6. I remember it being talked about
when I retired, and stopped reading the computing press. I guess
Perl7 is at about the same stage, still over the horizon.

Cheers,
David.