Re: Network services fail on startup

Ross Boylan wrote:

> tftpd-hpa is the service that fails most consistently.

Fail also on my system without systemd. Everytime I reboot the server, I
have to restart manually.

I found out for the server it is better for now to not use systemd. I have
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet init=/lib/sysvinit/init"
in /etc/default/grub

Except tftpd-hpa there are no other issues - all network services start
properly.

I have most of the services listed also running:
tftpd-hpa
nmbd
hddtemp
exim4.service
smbd.service
inetd.service
isc-dhcp-server.service

as said only tftpd-hpa fails. I think it could be that it is broken
somewhere. What if you remove it and try reboot? At least this theory will
be eliminated.