Re: Using .XCompose

Hi David,

> And I assume they're not in the files that you wrote from scratch,
> like .XCompose. Would that be right?

Yes, I couldn't find any in my XCompose file and in the layout file.

> Kate appears to be a normal text editor. The third sentence of its
> official description (https://kate-editor.org/) says "Choose it for
> […], editing configuration files". It doesn't seem to me to be
> like writing text files in, say, Word (a word processor).

I am not sure I understand this correctly.  I know that Kate is plain text editor, not something like Word, if that is what you mean

> It would be nice not to get sidetracked by this, and to find out
> whether the way that the Indic Script input system (InScript) works is
> compatible with the composition of characters, which is the purpose of
> .XCompose. (I'm assuming that linux tries to give the >1billion people
> concerned an InScript system that's compatible with other platforms).

I tried thrice to send a reply to your previous message. Those messages are shown as being sent, but does not get delivered to me through debian list.
(Earlier, I got a message that there was a bounce and that I would be removed if it happens again. I don't know if I have been removed from the list or not.)
I want to repeat that my problem of .XCompose not working is not lmited to Indic scripts. It is happening with English too.
BTW, InScript is one layout among many layouts for the various Indian Scripts.

Thanks,
ajith