Re: what calculator do you use?

On Mon, Jul 13, 2020 at 03:31:10PM +0800, kaye n wrote:
> Hello Friends,
> Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't see any calculator app in my Debian os.

Try, in a command line, "apt search calculator". I get 127 hits (of
course not all of them are a calculator app. Let's say a rough third
is. That leaves fourty calculators to choose from!).

> What do you guys use? I'm having trouble with Galculator.

Ah. Now we're talking. Given that broad choice, you will get reams of
answers, depending on people's preferences and needs. Your approach
will depend a lot on how you do such things. Test a few or ten of the
above options. Ask people for their experiences. Things like that.

My favourite one won't be in the above list: it's Emacs calc.
Unlimited precision, symbolic math, units, stack, trail -- and
seamless integration with my favourite text editor.

Cheers
-- t