Re: Buster boot messages

On 7/10/20 4:14 PM, Sven Hartge wrote:
Klaus Jantzen <k.d.jantzen@mailbox.org> wrote:
On 7/10/20 11:48 AM, Sven Hartge wrote:
Klaus Jantzen <k.d.jantzen@mailbox.org> wrote:
the first messages that appear on the screen during the boot process
seem to be messages from the BIOS;
they have a different format than the subsequent messages from buster
and they begin with 'ACPI  '.
As they disappear so fast, I cannot read them.
Where are these messages logged or what should I do to log these messages?
"journalctl -b" will have the messages from the most recent boot.
Thanks for the pointer.
These are the messages I was looking for:
=========
AMD-Vi: Unable to write to IOMMU perf counter.
ACPI BIOS Error (bug): Could not resolve [\_SB.PCI0.GPP0.VGA.LCD._BCM.AFN7], AE_NOT_FOUND (201810/psargs-330)
ACPI Error: Method parse/execution failed \_SB.PCI0.GPP0.VGA.LCD._BCM, AE_NOT_FOUND (20180810/psparse-516)
ACPI Error: Evaluating _BCM failed (20180810/video-370)
Failed to start Show Plymouth Boot Screen.
======
Do I have a problem with my system?
No. The ACPI tables in PCs are usually shoddy and produce many warnings
by the strict parser in the Kernel.

Windows also often experiences the same parse errors, but decides to
hide them deep in the Event Log.

Both operations system work around the these errors, anticipating the
bad craftsmanship of the mainboard/system manufacturers.

Unless you have very specific problems which you explicitly can link to
such errors, I would not worry.

Sometimes a BIOS/Firmware update fixes some errors, but don't get your
hopes up.

Grüße
Sven.

Thank you. That was helpful.