Re: KVM Debian guests fail to boot after update-initramfs

On 2020-07-09 05:11, Stewart Middleton wrote:
<snip>

(Wow -- lots of debugging hours there...)

So it appears that `virt-resize` triggers a behavior where `update-
initramfs` does not build the initramfs correctly.

Could anybody give me any pointers as to either what may be wrong, or
the best route to troubleshoot this further?

Many thanks in advance.

I would file a bug report against virt-resize and include all of your hard-earned debugging information.

I would eliminate virt-resize from the workflow until the bug is fixed.

Who uses the guests? Do they have root? Do they have shell accounts? Do they require Debian, CentOS, or Linux?

Have you tried other host operating systems and/or hypervisors?

David