Re: fsck crashes on buster

On Wed, Jul 08, 2020 at 10:17:44AM +0200, daggs wrote:
my backup hdd has errors in the fs, so I've stopped the backup process and unmounted it.
when I run fsck /dev/sdc1, I get this:
root@utilsserver:/home/igor# fsck /dev/sdc1
fsck from util-linux 2.33.1
e2fsck 1.44.5 (15-Dec-2018)
backup contains a file system with errors, check forced.
Pass 2: Checking directory structure
Signal (11) SIGSEGV si_code=SEGV_MAPERR fault addr=0x13

You'll have much better luck filing a bug than contacting debian-user. (The maintainer is very responsive, but doesn't AFAIK read debian-user.)