Can slrn decode MIME messages?

Due to the high volume of messages in this mailing list, I prefer to
read it via the newsgroup linux.debian.user using slrn.  This works
well for the most part.  However, some messages (e.g. ones from
Matthew Campbell) are MIME-encoded.  I see appropriate headers:

followed by a block of base64-encoded data.  A second block
sometimes appears, with Content-type: text/html.  The message
itself is unreadable unless I save the base64 data to disk
and run the base64 utility on it.

Is there a way to get slrn to decode MIME messages?  I'm
running Stretch on the laptop on which I read Usenet, and
"slrn --version" returns the following:

slrn 1.0.3
S-Lang Library Version: 2.3.1
Operating System: Linux

COMPILE TIME OPTIONS:
 Backends: +nntp +slrnpull +spool
 External programs / libs: +canlock +inews +ssl +uudeview +iconv
 Features: +decoding +emphasized_text +end_of_thread +fake_refs +gen_msgid
    -grouplens -msgid_cache +piping +rnlock +spoilers -strict_from
 Using 64 bit integers for article numbers.

DEFAULTS:
 Default server object:     nntp
 Default posting mechanism: nntp

--
/~\  Charlie Gibbs                  |  Microsoft is a dictatorship.
\ /  <cgibbs@kltpzyxm.invalid>      |  Apple is a cult.