Re: debsecan does not report a vulnerability?

Victor Sudakov wrote:

> There is something about debsecan I don't understand, can you please clarify for me?

After reading your replies and the Debian security advisories, I made up
my mind that I probably just want to now if new versions of packages are
available in the repos. Perhaps it's the best thing I can do about
vulnerabilities.

So I wrote the following UserParameter for the Zabbix agent, and I think
I've found it useful already:

# Number of upgradable packages
UserParameter=packages.upgradeable,if [ -x /usr/bin/apt-get ] ; then /usr/bin/apt-get upgrade -s | grep -c '^Inst' ; elif [ -x /usr/bin/yum ] ; then /usr/bin/yum check-update | grep -c 'updates$'; else echo "1" ; fi

It does not require any extra utilities to estimate the number of
upgradeable packages.

--
Victor Sudakov,  VAS4-RIPE, VAS47-RIPN
2:5005/49@fidonet http://vas.tomsk.ru/