Fw: Fw: Grub cannot see my new hard drive

The computer's startup/settings menu does not detect the 4 TB drive so it does not list it as a bootable device. I cannot boot from the 4 TB drive. It gives me an error saying that it cannot find the file system UUID (whatever code for /dev/sdb1) when grub starts from /dev/sda. It then gets confused and supports nothing. fdisk does not offer an option to make /dev/sdb1 bootable/active. I used 17 different partitions on /dev/sdb, the first of which starts 1 MiB in.

name=Matthew%20Campbell&email=trenix25%40pm.me