Re: how to: apt --exclude=foo* upgrade

Am Mittwoch, 1. Juli 2020, 13:49:02 CEST schrieb grumpy@mailfence.com:
I believe, the best way is just to deinstall package "linux-image-amd64".

So you can let debian the actual debian kernel installed, but it won't
overwrite and renew the actual kernels at upgrade/full-upgrade.

This has the advantage, you have either an old kernel at hand if something
goes bad, and you can easily install a kernel from the debian repo
, if needed. It is never a bad idea, to have a working kernel at hand.

When you build your own kernel, take care of the version number, so that will
not be overwritten by apt (if you build a kernel package of your own and not
just simply built and install the kernel via a script or manually)

Have fun!

Best regards

Hans