Re: lists.debian.org has received bounces from you

Hi,

MAILER-DAEMON@bendel.debian.org wrote:
> > 1 bounce out of 52 mails in one day (1%, kick-score is 80%)
> > https://lists.debian.org/bounces/DfQQD6yynoZ7C1ObT3w5EQ
> > [...]
> > Bounces happen from time to time when spam slips through our
> > filters but are rejected by your mail provider.

On the given web page:

Abhishek Dixit wrote:
> What should I do for bounce messages?

Nothing, unless the problem becomes more frequent.

A while ago i got such bounce warnings too. It looks like the Debian list
software is for short time periods at odds with the wider mail provider
world. (Not only because spam filters are out of sync.)

doug wrote:
> I don't remember if I've EVER
> actually sent a message to the Debian list, altho I do read it occasionally.
> So how something from me could bounce, I have no idea--

It's not about a message you send but some which you shall get and which
your mail provider rejects.

Have a nice day :)

Thomas