Re: [External] Re: No Dual Monitors on AMD Ryzen 7 Pro + Radeon Graphics

Curtis Tucker1 wrote:
> Hi Dan,
>
> "xrandr | grep connect" output:
>
> xrandr: Failed to get size of gamma for output default
> default connected  primary 1920x1080+0+0 0mm  x  0mm

That suggests that your X server is not actually using the
amdgpu driver.

Here's one of mine, using amdgpu:

DisplayPort-0 connected 3840x2160+0+0 (normal left inverted
right x axis y axis) 953mm x 543mm
HDMI-A-0 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
DVI-D-0 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)

Check for a very recent file called:
/var/log/Xorg.0.log

and start reading at the top. This should describe what happened
in your most recent X session, and include items looking for
your video card and eventually settling on a driver that fits it.

If it isn't amdgpu, we'll need to convince your X server to use
it.

-dsr-