Re: Be careful when editing /etc/fstab

Anders Andersson wrote:
> A while back I started writing custom systemd unit files for mounts
> and such, but now I've reverted back to using /etc/fstab directly for
> most things and then possibly just dropping in custom extra options in
> /etc/systemd/system/ if necessary. I did that because all of my
> systems run on multiple fully encrypted raid disks, and it used to be
> a mess trying systemd to understand that it has to decrypt everything
> first and then try to assemble it and mount it. These days it's much
> more clever.

  and then there are those of us who keep things simple
and don't need all this complexity or interference.

  when i edit /etc/fstab i don't expect or want any
changes to happen to file systems until i reboot or
manually unmount and remount a file system.

  to me having a system interfere in what i'm doing
is annoying and wrong - i consider it a bug.

  songbird