Re: Default vim colorscheme?

On 2020-06-22 08:36, Lucio wrote:
I posted this question @superuser [1] two days ago, but it seems few
know Debian enough there, so here it is for you.

In every Linux system I install or I happen to log into I want to use
the same vim colorscheme, e.g. the default one Debian uses, because I
usually use Debian and I like the default colorscheme. What's its
name? I need the name to specify it in the `$HOME/.vimrc` file of
other systems:

    colorscheme whatever

The problem is that even `default` is not the correct name in Debian,
in fact if I open a file in one of my Debian systems without a
`$HOME/.vimrc` file (so no `colorscheme` command at all), I get this:

https://i.stack.imgur.com/5hrCd.png

then, while I'm inside `vim`, I type the `:colorscheme` command, and
it replies `default`. However if I create a `$HOME/.vimrc` file with
`colorscheme default` in it, in the same Debian system, and then I
open the same file, I get this instead:

https://i.stack.imgur.com/W2rFU.png

I want the first colorscheme in every other `vim` I use, but I have no
clue about how to specify it.

  [1]: https://superuser.com/questions/1562159/

I didn't look far enough to find the answer but will probably be in these files
/etc/vim/vimrc
/usr/share/vim/vim81/colors/README.txt
/usr/share/vim/vim81/defaults.vim

mick