Re: technical terms overhaul

On 2020-06-19 20:14, Eike Lantzsch wrote:
On the danger of starting a flame war ...
thinking about the article by Gunnar Wolf on Planet Debian

instead of "whitelist" and "blacklist" I would like to propose the terms:
"allowlist" and "rejectlist"
instead of (for example on disk drives) "master" and "slave" I like to propose
the terms:
"lead" and "lag" which are e.g. used when electrically managing two pumps
working on the same hydraulic circuit.

What do you think?

I think that by making conscious effort to avoid something you give it more prominence. Barbary pirates, Ottoman Empire enslaved over 2 million Europeans but you don't see their descendants so much because they were castrated. It really is not white man bad black man good.

mick

--
Key ID    4BFEBB31