Re: "NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GT"

On Vi, 19 iun 20, 22:16:15, Seeds Notoneofmy wrote:

> # apt install nvidia-legacy-304xx-driver
>
> DKMS will build the nvidia module for your system, via the
> nvidia-legacy-304xx-kernel-dkms
> <https://packages.debian.org/nvidia-legacy-304xx-kernel-dkms> package.
>
> After, create an Xorg server configuration file
> <https://wiki.debian.org/NvidiaGraphicsDrivers#configure> and then
> restart your system to enable the nouveau blacklist.
>

> Except when you click on the DKMS link, there's no Buster package there.

According to
https://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=nvidia-legacy-304xx-driver
'stretch' was the last stable release to include that package.

As far as I recall this was already mentioned in this thread.

> I give up, except if I'm wrong with how I understand things.

Apparently the package is also available in unstable. You could try
installing that on buster, at your own risk, of course.

Kind regards,
Andrei