Re: technical terms overhaul

> Most things described as master/slave aren't actually very well
> matched by that metaphor. Source/sink, boss/worker,
> dispatcher/receiver may be more accurate.

In my understanding, master/slave and boss/worker describe pretty much
the same (a relationship of power asymmetry, being generous, and labor
exploitation in variable degrees).
Source/sink and dispatcher/receiver, on the other hand, describe a
mere organization or task distribution.
Depending on the case, the two first couple of metaphors, or the two
lasts, would be more accurate.
The white/black case seems different, because the other four couples
describe well defined roles and functions, while this fifth example -
when criticized - appears as a legacy or remain of the master/slave
social relationship - maybe 'in disguise'.
For humans, white is also full-spectrum visible light refraction, and
black, full-spectrum visible light absorption - or absence of light.
So, not always black-and-white (as in typography, let's say) has a
necessary sociopolitical connotation, I guess.
Hope this has any utility.
Best regards!