Re: technical terms overhaul

On Fri, 19 Jun 2020, Eike Lantzsch wrote:

On the danger of starting a flame war ...
thinking about the article by Gunnar Wolf on Planet Debian

Link?

instead of "whitelist" and "blacklist" I would like to propose the terms:
"allowlist" and "rejectlist"

shitlist and shortlist.

Santa's naughtylist and nicelist.

hotlist and notlist.

Shall I continue?

instead of (for example on disk drives) "master" and "slave" I like to propose
the terms:
"lead" and "lag" which are e.g. used when electrically managing two pumps
working on the same hydraulic circuit.

What do you think?

I will reserve judgement on the merits of your proposal until I have
read the piece of G Wolf's to which you have yet to provide the link.

--
https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=12518471 alexk already addressed
your concern: your keys, preferably issued by your org's CA (instead