Re: X11 / KDE Plasma 5 periodically freezes when I use GUI app inside LXC container

On 16.06.20 10:11, John Radek wrote:
It usually takes 30sec and then the desktop unfreeze and everything is
fine again.

This could be caused by the "vm.swappiness", "vm.vfs_cache_pressure" or "vm.dirty" settings. These could be configured permanently in /etc/sysctl.conf or /etc/sysctl.d/myfile.conf , but it is also possible to adjust them only temporarily until the next boot.

You could show some of the relevant values (there are more than the ones which I list here!) by these commands:
sysctl vm.swappiness
sysctl vm.vfs_cache_pressure
sysctl vm.dirty_background_bytes
sysctl vm.dirty_bytes

For adjusting them temporarily:
sudo sysctl vm.swappiness=
sudo sysctl vm.vfs_cache_pressure=
sudo sysctl vm.dirty_background_bytes=
sudo sysctl vm.dirty_bytes=
I did not write values behind the "=", but of course you have to write your values there (I removed my values, because mine are only valid for my hardware).

Sorry, I cannot help you more than pointing you to this potential solution. I am not experienced enough to give a recommendation on the values which you for this parameters should use in your situation. I figured out mine for my very old hardware by studying the documentation followed by some promising guess and then observing if the freezes which occurred to the responsiveness of my desktop GUI disappeared. Well, if someone would know which values to recommend for your special situation, then I would be curious to read about it.
Good Luck!
Marco