Re: vlc: unable to set resolution at command line

On 2020-06-15 16:44, Franco Martelli wrote:
Hi everybody,

I'm on Debian Buster 10.4 vlc version: "VLC media player 3.0.10
Vetinari". I want to run vlc at command line setting the resolution of
720x576 but the vlc's window start at the resolution of the mp4 file.
Under Preference->Interfaces->Main Interfaces->Qt I've disabled: "Resize
interface to the native video size" without result
If you want to temporally  bypass your localization and see vlc's
interface in English start vlc this way:

I don't know much about VLC, I'd probably change the resolution with FFmpeg and watch that.

mick

--
Key ID    4BFEBB31