Re: [solved] Re: SimpleBackportCreation attempt says: The value 'unstable' is invalid for APT::Default-Release

On Sat, Jun 13, 2020 at 03:30:08PM +1000, David wrote:
> Hi, first thank-you to everyone who replied [...]

> I will summarise and respond to all in this one message.

Well, thank *you* for taking up that work!

[...]

> As an aside, how did you find this, I am very curious, what are people's
> methods [...]  Does anyone have any tips for successful bug
> searching?

Typically, each one has developed her very own and sometimes ugly fuzzball
of information retrieval, which is a feedback loop involving one's own
pattern matching and cognitive machinery. A messy affair which ends up being
deeply personal (and which sometimes leads to heated discussions, but I
disgress ;-)

One method I resort to when I'm somewhat desperate (thanks to Debian for
setting up the bugs database under an own domain, "bugs.debian.org") is
to leverage my favourite search engine's smarts and restricting the
search to the site bugs.debian.org. As an URL, for example

  https://duckduckgo.com/html?q=apt+source+site:bugs.debian.org

Typically I use that method to inject some "noise" in my search process
when it seems stuck in whatever pockets it can't get out of.

Cheers
-- t