Re: Investigating internals of Debian packages

On 11.06.20 13:03, Richard Owlett wrote:
I'm interested in the installer  menu titled "Software Selection".
I want to know explicitly what happens when "Debian desktop environment" and/or "MATE" is checked.
TIA

The for me most important observation is, that if deactivating all listed desktop environments and only keeping activated the initial listed entry "Debian desktop environment", then a full-fledged GMOME desktop will be installed.
Marco.